It’s that time again! BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING! I dread this time of year because in my head all I think about is how much money I have to spend. As a single mom, the job can be daunting!!! But yet again no worries, I created a guide that I wish I had when I had my first kid to make it easier. This article is dedicated to UNIFORMS. Let’s dive in.
So for those who have children that are required to wear uniforms let me give you my tricks:
- Children’s place- I have ordered here every single year for my daughter’s uniforms ( my other two children are not school age yet) If you wait until the end of July they always host a 50% off sale. I’m usually able to get 5 shirts and 5 options of bottoms and 2 sweaters usually for a hundred dollars!!!
- When children’s place has this particular sale usually, all other clothing stores follow suit (Gymboree, Crazy 8, JC Penney..) so you can usually mix and match these sales to maximize your savings.
- It took me awhile to figure out how many uniforms pieces to buy but I finally have it down to a science, that allows me not run out or have to wash clothes so much:
- 5 short sleeve shorts
- 5 pair of shorts or bermudas or for girls 3 skirts and 2 pairs of shorts
- 3 different changes of shoes
- 7 undershirts
I also mix up styles, so I don’t buy 5 regular polos, I try to buy some polos, polos with ruffles on the collar and then a uniform button down (for my girls that is).
- 10 long sleeve shirts
- 2 sweaters
- Uniform hoodie
- Minimum 5 pairs of tights for girls
- Lots of thick socks for boys
- 10 undershirts
- Rain boots
- 3 pair of school boots
- 2 snow boots
- 2 coats
It may seem like a lot but if you follow the sales as I have explained earlier in this article you will find that you can get everything you need!
There’s not much you can do a boy because boys fashion is very simple. Here are my suggestions:
- Cardigans in different styles
- Durable watches
- More variety of shoes
Uniform Vision board for boys:
Girls have so much more options available to make their uniforms more fashionable! Here are my suggestions:
- Cute colorful knee socks with matching flats
- Necklaces and bracelets (within school dress code)
- Ribbons in hair
- Cute pullover sweaters
Uniform Vision board for girl:
Click here for a printable version of this shopping list! Uniform101Checklist